06 January 2022 at 11:48AM
PMI UNY Gives Back to the Red Book Shelf!
As part of the Chapter’s mission to give back to our community, PMI UNY has partnered with The RED Bookshelf, a non-profit community literacy program. Working with community partners, they provide free children's books on bright red bookshelves throughout Albany to ensure that all children have access to the benefits of book ownership, regardless of income level.
It’s after the holidays, and we all must make room for our new books and toys. Time to reorganize the children’s shelves, wade through the boxes in the attic and garage – you could even make it a family activity!
Then come join us for refreshments and drop off a bag, box, or truckload of your gently used children’s books (includes board books for babies right up through young adult books). *Donations to The RED Bookshelf, an IRC SEC 501 (c) 3 approved organization, are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
PMI UNY Gives Back: The RED Bookshelf Donations
When: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: 110 Grill: 664 New Loudon Rd, Latham, NY 12110
Event fee: Complimentary to members and non-members
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Book drop-offs outside for big boxes or inside for smaller bags of books.
- Refreshments available inside.
- Learn more about the Red Bookshelf organization
- Have a drink with Barb Glasser, chapter President, debate the best children’s books with your colleagues, or take a minute for yourself. You deserve it.
7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Close out and pack up the donations.
If you would like to donate but cannot make it to this event, please consider a contact-free donation directly to The RED Bookshelf organization.